Home > Release Notes > Release Notes - 10.0.0 > Release Notes - for store-owners
Release Notes - for store-owners
The following release notes are expected to be of great interest to anyone using AspDotNetStorefront out-of-the-box as a powerful selling tool.
Separately, we also record release notes which are relevant when changing the design layer (presentation layer) of the storefront, or doing sophisticated configuration. Those notes are here.
Finally, we offer release notes for those people who are custom-coding the storefront, here.
AspDotNetStorefront v10 New Mini-Cart
- the shopping cart page, and add-to-cart action has been changed to introduce a new mini-cart
- Braintree is added as a payment method, specifically as a 'direct post' gateway
Amazon LPA (replaces Checkout by Amazon)
- Amazon's latest checkout 'Pay with Amazon' is introduced into the cart
- orders now recalculate on each occurrence
New All-in-One Checkout
- we introduce a ground-breaking new checkout flow. No more registration page. No more shopping cart page.
- replaces 'anonymous checkout'
- along with the new checkout, we have re-built the 'easy re-order' process
- there is new intelligence in the handling of 'featured products' on the home page
- AspDotNetStorefront v10 checks on the capability to send email before allowing password reset
- thanks to the new checkout, there is improved functionality in the 'last minute purchase'
- a completely new treatment has been created to encourage shoppers to use the wishlist
... and hosting - 2012R2 / SQL 2014
Change admin password
- it is a PCI requirement that the 'out-of-box' admin password is changed. We enforce that for you.
- Security logging has been dramatically extended so that all security-related actions leave a footprint.
- Dual controls have been implemented
- With all the effort to secure your store for your shoppers, there is new focus on maintenance processes.
- for both security and ease-of-use, we have completely rebuilt the way that orders can be created via impersonation
Passwords for admins
- PCI compliance has introduced some new ways for store administrators to behave