Home > Setup & Configuration > Shipping Calculation > USPS Address Verification
USPS Address Verification
1. If you already have a USPS Web Tools ID (for real time Rate
Calculators) then skip directly to step 2, otherwise register for USPS Web Tools
2. Once you have your Web Tools ID, submit this form to request access to the Address Information APIs page.
3. The check box on the form that applies to you should be "U.S. Postal Service package shipments."
1. Go to Configuration → Advanced → Settings
2. Set VerifyAddressesProvider.USPS.UserID appconfig to your USPS Web Tools ID.
3. Set VerifyAddressesProvider appconfig to ‘USPS’.
NOTE: You will notice that the service returned a valid response when the address is set in full UPPERCASE.
Using this feature returns full ZIP+4 postal codes, so this will conflict with taxes when using Tax by Zip Code . We recommend not using this feature when using Tax by Zip Code. Consider Avalara AvaTax instead.